Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Manly Birthday Wishes

Cards for men are always a challenge for us cardmakers. I know I have boxes full of pretty, floral, pink and feminine looking cards, but I could probably put all my manly cards in one hand! For today's sketch challenge I went for the wild look and masked out a forest scene featuring all the new animals from the last MFT release. I used a sheet of Basic Grey 6x6 paper from the Archaic pad for the main image. I started with my moose first, and stamped him then created a mask to cover him up. Then came the wolf, the bear and lastly the raccoon. The trees were stamped with Olive and Artichoke ink in the background. Once all my images were stamped I colored them in with Copic Markers in various shades of grey and brown.



The front panel was scored 1/2" from the top and adhered to the card base with Scor-tape, then large eyelets were set to thread the linen through. I didn't have a brown linen, it was a little rusty looking, so I colored it with copic markers to make it darker.



The inside of the card has a layer of the same green Basic Grey paper used for the main image with a trail sign saying "Happy B-Day". Nice and simple for a guy!


Let me know what you think!

12 comments:

Charmaine said...

Great card! I love this design. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a good and different design to use for my nephews birthday invites...I think I just found it.

Thanks!
Charmaine

Mothermark said...

It's the cutest! And the inside is awesome too! Great card!

Anonymous said...

great card - love the design and it is definitely a manly card!

Julie Campbell said...

You are just SO SMART! Cute cute cute!!!!

Shelly said...

I am glad I popped in. The inside is just as nice as the outside. What a nice surprise to open it and find more than a sentiment and signature!

Janine said...

Great card... I saw some of that DP today but didn't pick it up.. Should have!!!

Curt in Indy said...

What an absolutely adorable card! Love the coloring! Really super cute! Best, Curt

Chrissy D said...

Very cute! The inside is wonderful too! TFS!

retiredheather said...

Oh I really like the way you have rather hidden the inside of the card...cleaver. This certainly will appeal to most men. well done

Shumaker party of 6 said...

If there was a card to "Love" this would be it! I absolutely love the colors and the stamps. I am not too good at masking things, so I hope to give it another try! Great inspiration Michelle!!

szbacn1 said...

Cute card... as usual! I have to share this next bit and I hope you aren't offended... I think I have a "twisted" mind as often I hear or see some things totally different than others do. When I first looked at this card I thought the wolf was biting the bear's rear-end and it struck me as so funny until I realized that wasn't what I was supposed to see! (Does anyone else see this?) I do love your cards and appreciate you sharing with us.

Diane said...

I love this card! Too cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin