Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stamping on Patterned Paper

As I've mentioned in many previous posts, I'm on a quest to break out of the white background trend. I love coloring, but am so tired of only using white & vanilla for my image layer. I want color!!For this card I used some brand new paper being carried by My Favorite Things. Unfortunately Kim is sold out right now but I know more is on the way!! This pack contained 25 sheets of double sided Halloween paper in the most vibrant and yummy colors imaginable!! I really love it... of course I'm a bit biased because I did help her pick it out at CHA.


I used a bright green polkadot paper to stamp my image from American Art Stamp. I paper pieced the girls dress and cape, then colored her arms, legs and head first with a white gel pen to cover up the background color/pattern and once that was dry I used a copic marker to give it a little skin tone. The moon was done the with a white gel pen also, then covered with irridescent ice stickles.


I added more stickles on the sentiment panel andused some of the new ribbon for embellishment. I'm gonna rave about this ribbon too. You get 25 yards in a spool - is that amazing or what? I like the purple, but am really head over heels for the green. Did you know I'm obsessed with lime green??? If you look back through my projects I almost always have a bright, light green color on each one.


So this card is a bit on the wild side color-wise. But is is for Halloween, so I guess anything goes! I would love to see what YOU can come up with by stamping on patterned or colored paper for your main image. Put away the white and use just colored paper on your next card and link it back to this post.


Thanks for reading and have a fantastic day!

10 comments:

Janine said...

THIS IS AMAZING MICHELLE!!!Your work is just fabulous.. These Hallowe'en stamps from AAS are so much fun to work with.
Love them...

huntla1 said...

Great card! I agree on the white/vanilla background thing. I made a bella card a couple days ago and ended up cutting her out and mounting on DP. I guess I could have just stamped her on the patterned paper. Thanks for the idea!

Pat's little corner of the world said...

I love this card...I'm with you I get so tired of stamping on plain paper...this looks like fun...I'm going to give it a try...

Anonymous said...

Michelle, forgive me if this sounds 'thick' I am new to cardmaking and have some lovely stamps but not used them. The term 'paper piecing' is this where you stamp the patterned paper and then it out (ie the cape) and then sort of decoupage it (but in a flat way) to the basic stamped image? Hope you do not mind me asking but I am keen to learn the technique. Thank you, Madge

Cindy Haffner said...

Michelle this is fantastic, love how you did color on your bright paper.

Anonymous said...

super cute, and I love the bright colors! She looks wonderful on that green! thanks for challenging us to step outside the 'white' box!

and glad to see some more stick chick samples! :D

Jennifer

Jessica said...

i am not a huge fan of Halloween cards, and i think i've only made one or two in my entire life - shocking, i know! But i have to say your cards make me want to start! i just love what you've done here, not only in this post but the ones preceding. (The coffin card rocks!) i think today i'll have to do some stamping on PP! And these stamps are really cool... Have a great day!

Shumaker party of 6 said...

I love the idea of breaking away from the white family to stamp on, great idea, and it looks fabulous!!

Deborah said...

Funny you should post this! I have been thinking the same thing and worried the images would not show up well! You have inspired me to give it a go! Deb

Christina Fischer said...

Oh WOW -- this looks fantastic! I love the image on that background! I think I've found my new favorite halloween images! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin