Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Creative Block in progress....
I was having a major creative block yesterday and didn't get a single project done in the morning... at least not one that I liked! I decided to post a couple of my favorite projects from last weekends VSN.
I really love this vacation outfit! It was cut from Phoebe paper - I drew the outfit on the back of the paper, then cut it out and added the faux stitching. The flower was an afterthought because it was sitting in my scrap pile. I added the saying with Karen Foster snap stamps. This challenge was posted by Jeanne S on SCS.
The second card was made for a challenge posted by Dawn L & her daughter Amber. I used the tie dye technique for the background - what a fun techinique!! I've never used it before but love the results... especially a hit with my 14 year old DD!
TYE DYE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cut 4.25 x 5.5 sheet of glossy cardstock.
2. Cut wax paper a little larger than glossy cardstock.
3. Fold wax paper in half, then in half again. Continue folding it into pie shape wedges until it's as small as it can get. Then crumple the paper. You want as many folds as you can get!
4. Unfold wax paper and place over glossy carstock. Put another sheet of paper on top of wax paper and iron.
5. Ink glossy background. I used a sponge and colors from the bold bright color famlily. The wax resists the ink, so you'll see a really cool background appear! There is also a great tutorial on SCS by Beate - she's the best!
If you try the Wax paper resist on a card please email me (email@example.com)! If I get a few cards emailed to me I'll put them in a gallery here on the blog. Thanks for looking!