Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Congratulations.... Twins!

Today's teapot challenge on SCS was to create a card for the birth of twins, one boy and one girl.  I found this super cute stamp from My Favorite Things 2 little bunnies (perfect for twins) and a teacup, perfect the the teacup challenge.  I colored the bunnies with copics, then used a stardust pen to color in their ears, tail and feet.  I then went searching for designer paper to go with my "baby" colors - which lucky for me all came out of my scrap bag.  I love when I get a chance to use up scraps without having to cut into something new.

My favorite part of the card are the rolled, scalloped roses from My Favorite Things. They really only take a small bit of scrap paper (about 2x2) and they are really easy to roll up and secure with a dot of hot glue.  I made three for this card and then cut the leaves from another dotted scrap of paper then heavily sanded the edges so they weren't so bright against the pale colors.

The silver edging on the main layers is from Flower Soft.  They are simply super thin metallic lines to outline images.  Love them!  Someone gave me a couple of packets a few years ago and I still have some left.  You can find more here.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin