Friday, March 13, 2009

Altered Notebook Challenge - Notebook #2

A couple days ago I wrote about my altered notebook challenge which will run through next week... see the original post HERE for all the details and the Mr. Linky widget to add your link so you'll be entered to win!



This notebook was covered with paper from K&Company's Que Sera Sera line. I added an image from Impression Obsession which is going to be released in April (I think). The image was colored with copics, then trimmed down to an oval with Nesties. These images look really detailed, but are soooo easy to color!



I added a cluster of embellishments which feature a gold key made out of Tim Holtz Grungeboard that was painted with Smooch metallic paint from Colorbox. I also added a layer of paper flowers, a silk flower, a making memories button then a satin ribbon.




The sentiment is from a retired SU set "Petals & Paisley" and was stamped on a torn scrap of paper. The main image was stamped on DCWV textured cardstock and colored, so there is a little crosshatch pattern to the main image. DCWV paper is actually pretty nice for copic coloring - who knew?



If you'd like to participate in the altered notebook challenge simply add your link to THIS POST. Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE both your books!!! Oh gosh, you would DIE if you saw how many STACKS of different shaped $1.00 journals I have -- LOL!! Just can't pass up a good deal!!! I would LOVE to play - I hope I can find the time!!!

Norine said...

this is just beautiful love the vintage feel it has
Hugs
Norine

tina werner said...

wow michelle! this one is amazingly beautiful!!! love it!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love how you used the key here, lovely coloring!

Shirley said...

Michelle, it is beautiful, just like everything you do! How creative and the DP is perfect for it. I wish I was talented enough to do altered. Lovely and so Spring too!

Becca said...

wonderfully stunning

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin