Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy (Birth)Day Challenge

Today's Impression Obsession DT challenge was to make a birthday card with the new stamps. I tried to find time today to make another one that specifically said birthday, but time just flew by and I really need to start my CHA packing.... so I'm posting 2 cards that are Happy Day cards instead!
The first card is perfect for St. Patricks Day, a March Birthday or for anyone Irish! I love this little shamrock tree and had soooo much fun coloring it in. I especially love the way the shading on the pot turned out. I don't use this particular color of green copic very often, but I might have to reach for it a little more now! The sentiment is also from Impression Obsession. The main images were cut with Spellbinder Dies.

The second card features a totally yummy looking glass of iced tea with heart shaped lemons... arent' they fun??? This is also from Impression Obsession and is brand new (yeah a sneek peek) and isn't released quite yet. I wanted to do a different layout for this one so I created a bunch of rectangles and fitted them together to form the card. The sentiment was cut on a Spellbinder label die. I sewed on buttons from a Basic Grey button pack to finish off the bottom rectangle.


Take a peek at the other Impression Obsession DT cards by clicking the following links: Dina, Kelli, Daniela, Laura, and Julie.


Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Michele Johnson said...

Great cards!!! I have a question. Who makes the ice tea w/heart-shaped lemons stamp? I love it!

Michele

Sue said...

Two great cards brill colourin, n great colours, luv everything about them, brill, sue.x

Amy Johnson said...

Such fabulous cards! I love them both! I love that luscious green ribbon on the first card, and I just love the funky look and layout of the second one. Great job!

Bren said...

I adore both of these cards Michelle and I am not a big fan of green but it really works here.
Wonderful!!
Your cards really do inspire.
Bren

pescbrico said...

I always love what you do. Your coloring is awesome and your cards are the best!! Thanks for sharing!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

HOW funny - I totally saw the fruit in that glass as watermelons! Why in the world...? Love your cards - thanks for posting! Have fun at CHA!!

Tracey said...

These are fantastic cards Michelle!!

Julie Koerber said...

These rock Michelle! i love how you did the shamrock tree - that is just too cute for words!

krcrafts said...

I saw these in person yesterday and they are simply gorgeous, Michelle!! I love the colors you use on all of your work. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love the shades of green on the top one!! :) TFS!

Laura said...

beautiful cards. Love them!

Daniela Dobson said...

Both of these cards are adorable!

Kelly Lunceford said...

What darling cards!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the tree in the first one, very cute!
The layout and coloring on the second is very neat!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin