Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Copic Topic

I've tried really REALLY hard to resist... but I finally broke down and ordered a set of Copic Markers from My Favorite Things. When my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas she was pretty surprised when I requested a set of markers!


These 2 cards are some of my first experiments with them.... so be kind!! The first image is with a new set from the SU spring/summer catalog. I colored the birds and background with Copics, the sketch is from today's sketch challenge on SCS. The circle in front flips open to reveal the rest of the sentiment... "it's your birthday". Also also stamped the flowers along the card base as a border... not sure if I like it but it's done.


The second image is my VERY FIRST try with the copics. I have a few little boo-boo's, hopefully they aren't too visible!! I love the pink and green color combo for this set. I also added some cotton candy stickles to the coat for a little sparkle.



I picked a BLOG CANDY WINNER!! I need Rachael to send me an email at blog@clothingcorner.com. Rachael left the following commment...


rachel said...


I adore your card and box.

I found your site through SCS gallery and I LOVE it! I put you in my Google Reader.

-Rachel H.

8:32 AM


Congratulations Rachael - and thanks everyone for leaving comments on that post. I will hopefully put together a better tutorial on this in the next week or so and post it here.


Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Those are wonderful first tries. I got myself a set of just twelve markers so far. Don't know if I just need more practice or more colors.

Janine said...

Both these cards are wonderful. I just ordered and received my Copic markers so am practicing as well with them. Have fun !!

Donna Baker said...

you're kidding! You did an awesome job with your first tries! I've been using my copics for months & STILL have booboos! makes it look more 'handmade' that's my rebuttal. the shading on your MFT card is FANTASTIC! look out, Michelle's got copics!

Tricia T said...

Great job with your Copics!! Are you glad you got them?? I haven't picked any up yet... trying hard to resist!! :)

Linda SS said...

You certainly know how those Copic's work - you did a beautiful job on those cards:) I finally got the Prismacolors so next year I'll try to add the Copic's.

Ret said...

hi, i'm glad you like the markers so far. I'm sure you'll love them. I don't have them yet.

hey...i saw that you're from Westport!! My cousins live there, and I've lived in the Adirondacks most my life. I'm now married and living in Nova Scotia. I sure miss those mountains!!!
have fun!

Stacy said...

I also just received copics for christmas and it truly is a learning experience but you have done a wonderful job. Both of your cards are great.

Anonymous said...

Both of these are so pretty! I sure don't see any boo boos and I'd never guess it was your first try. Fabulous!

Jen said...

I can't believe that is your first try! Can't wait to see what you come up with using your copics!

Elizebeth said...

These are both wonderful! I absolutely love your birdies! And the shading on your MFT card is awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin