Thursday, November 08, 2007




The first card was created for the color challenge this week. I really wasn't happy with how it turned out... just too much stuff going on! So I never ended up posting it on SCS. It's kinda grown on me now though... so I figured I'd post it here for your opinion.... too much stuff??? I really like how the second card turned out.... especially the ribbon treatment.














Let me tell you about this card.... just before creating it I was reading a magazine on Arts & Crafts styling... I love this type of home decor and work for a company that makes all the tiles that go into STickley furniture.... basically the leader in this type of furniture. Anyways.... I'm getting side tracked here. I just wanted to point out that while it wasn't intentional I ended up with alot of craftsman styling in this card. Kinda funny how things that surround us influence us so much!







The last card was created for the My Favorite Things sketch challenge located in the forum on SCS. Kim comes up with some really cool sketches. I particularly loved this one because it gave me the opportunity to use up some Basic Grey Figgy scraps.



I'm gonna challenge my readers to make a card using this sketch as well...... If you do one and post it on SCS - just put the keywords MFTSC04 on it. I would to see what everyone comes up with! - In the mean time.... how about letting me know which card you like the best and why. I really love reading the comments and reasons everyone likes a specific card. - Thanks for reading

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele,
Great work as always! I really like the christmas tree sketch challenge card! What a great card to showcase alot of DP! Your stuff is always so nice so it is hard to pick a favorite!

Staci

Alhambra Club said...

Great cards, my favorite is the Christmas Tree card, love all that DP.

Jan Scholl said...

the first post in my Reader this afternoon is your bird card. You win. I dont know what contest it is, but you win ;) that card is so workable for so many season and animals. I need to tart a blog for cards that make me wanna sing. and this one would be on it!

Heather said...

All are nice but I like the last card from Kim's sketch challenge. I love how you mixed the DP's.

Anonymous said...

The first card is busy.. but you pull it off! I think the bright colours, do it.. and the lines are so geometric that it works! :)

I think my fave is the leaf card.. love what you did with the ribbon! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the cards. I just bought the crafty secrets set you used on the first card. I can't wait to ink it up!

Pat's little corner of the world said...

Michelle,
I love your blog and come here often. Your cards are great. Now that I have seen the cards with Basic Gray's Figgy Pudding I went in and order it.TFS
Pat

inkedx2 said...

Hi Michelle,

I really like the last card but the ribbon treatment on the second one is worth casing.

Robbie

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous cards - you really put alot of work into them!

Tina said...

Wonderful cards. Fantastic work!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hi Michelle, another group of lovely cards. The Christmas card is my favourite. The design and papers appeal to me. It really catches my eye.

Kathy said...

Love your cards. I also love craftsman furniture and especially Stickley. Kathy

Bethany Paull said...

Great cards. Totally love the third one. The four different squares of background paper look great and I love how the tree is setting on the scalloped square.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely ADORE the Give THanks card. I think the ribbon treatment is fantastic. Definitely have to case this one! Your designs are lovely.
Mary

DeniseLynn said...

I adore the first card - those colors are delightful and yes it's busy but it totally works. The second one is fabulous because of the ribbon, what a gorgous way to tie it up. And the 3rd - wow I am in love with the designer papers you chose and how you put them together. this is the first time that I truly cannot and will not pick just one favorite.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I saw this on another blog and had to check it out.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin