Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm Back!!



I'm back from a few days out of town visiting my parents - 5 days without stamping!!! We did a lot of shopping though, and that is really one of my favorite things to do! I had hoped that I would find a good scrapbooking store in Syracuse, but I didn't have any luck finding one nearby. I checked out AC Moore, but didn't find a single thing to buy there! I'm just dying for some of the new Basic Grey paper.... my order should be shipping next week (hopefully!!!!)
-
This card is designed to fit in the long slender envelopes from Stampin' Up. I attached snap eyelets to the top of the ruby red layer so it flips up to open. The chicken/egg image was stamped on watercolor paper and watercolored with Earth Elements crayons from SU. I mounted the image on Creamy Caramel cardstock, then added brads to the corners and white gel pen accents. The left side of the card has 3 rows of paper piercing - it's hard to see in the pic, but if you click the picture it will enlarge.
-
I covered the envelope with vanilla and chocolate chip cardstock and added gel pen stitching to the brown. The other side of the envelope is also covered, and it has the celebrate stamp on one corner.
-
I'm so glad to be back stamping again!! I'll be using watercolor techniques all week, so keep checking back and please let me know what you think! I would love to see some work from my readers -send me links or images to blog@clothingcorner.com!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card, I love this set...but don't use it as often as I should, or thought I would. BTW, my DH (West Genesee and Syracuse grad) is from Syracuse, and the only good store they had other than AC's or Mikes closed last year..they do have a rubber stamp/scrap show there in the early summer I believe if you plan to head back.

Anonymous said...

hello Michelle! love the chicken stamp...is it a SU stamp?

i have been put on an indefinite medical leave of absence...so i plan to stamp EVERYDAY!

Anonymous said...

Lots of fun details on this creation! I love it!

Heidi said...

This card is cute! The envelope is killer too! Whoever gets this will be one lucky recipient!

doverdi said...

Cute card. Must say we missed you when you were gone. lol

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Michelle!! I missed ya! Such a shame you didn't find any new stamping goodies on your travels. I am happy to see you are stamping and posting again, I always look forward to the new cards on your blog =)

Anonymous said...

Wow-- cute card--
Missed you when you were gone-- your blog is one of the highlights of my lunchtime!!! :)
DeborahLynneS

Ida said...

Great card. I love those chicken's even though I haven't got the set. The idea of using snaps is really clever. Ida

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, so glad u r back! missed u! TFS this chicken is just too cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin