Wednesday, September 04, 2013

A Seamless Experience

Since trying out some of the new Tim Holtz distress markers a few weeks ago I've been kinda obsessed with anything Tim Holtz!  I was at Michael's over the weekend and scored this "Seamless Experience" set for $4.99.... so I was anxious to play with it for today's sketch challenge on SCS.


I used the Ranger Watercolor cardstock for the background.  This is the best watercolor paper I've ever used.  My favorite thing to do is just doodle on the paper, spritz with water, then let the color go where ever it wants to flow.  My first step was highlighting the sentiment and outlining the mannequin. 


The sketch called for a long strip across the bottom placed over a square, so I used an embossed piece of goldtone vellum for my square and stamped a ruler from the stamp set.  The ruler was done over a layer of gold Tim Holtz Distress paint which was spritzed with water, dried with a heat gun, then stamped.  


I also watercolored a piece of twill tape to match the card and stamped it with the zig zag stitching.  It's attached to the card with a safety pin.


Along the right edge I embossed with a chevron embossing folder then drew lines in between with the Distress Markers.  After spritzing with water the lines blurred nicely.


I think the ruler is my favorite part of this card, I just love the distressed look to it!  What is your favorite part?  

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin