Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm a Total Challenge Junkie!

I seriously LOVE challenges and play one almost every day. I decided to combine a few random challenges into one card today, basically just to see if I could do it! For this card my challenges were:

1. Crafty Secrets "Show Us Your Love"

2. Ways To Use It WT205 - "Fabric"

3. Flourishes Timeless Tuesday "Buttons" or on their blog HERE

4. Caardvarks "We Heart You"



For this card I used the Poppy stamp set from Flourishes for the pretty antiqued flowers. The background paper is from a Crafty Secrets double sided paper pack called Classic. I stamped the flowers on the reverse of the diamond pattern - it has such a vintage look that it worked perfectly with the other details!


The fabric bow is from my Mom's wedding dress. I have parts of it in my craft room and snip bits and pieces of the lace and organdy whenever I want an antiqued look. For this bow I simply gathered a strip of the organdy lining and tied a button to the center and puffed it out. The sentiment was made with one of my recent finds! I was at the Salvation Army store the other day and found a fantastic antique typewriter for only $4.00! I love the idea of being able to type out a sentiment on a little piece of paper rather than running a full sheet through the printer on my computer. Plus I really adore the look of old-fashioned type... it' worked perfectly for this card.

I've been seeing this cool link generator on lots of blogs these days so I had to jump on the bandwagon and add it to mine as well! If you played along with any of these challenges listed above then add your link to my list below.

BLOG CANDY!!

I changed my mind and decided to give away some blog candy to a randomly choosen link! I have several sheets of Crafty Secrets paper (just like the paper used for this card), some vintage images to go with the paper, and some really cool printed acetate images that look like old fashioned photos. We'll call it my Vintage Giveaway! Simply add a link to one of your cards/projects from any of the above mentioned challenges below and you'll be entered to win.





Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think of my challenge card.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! WOW!! I really love to do the challenges too, but I always seem to have never enough time to do them all!! :) TFS!

Pegg S said...

I love your card- that set is so beautiful! What an awesome idea for the sentiment!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

OH WOW Michelle.This is over the top FABULOUS. Such a vintage feel. I hear you, I am also a challenge junkie!! Wish I could play everyday, but I try at least 2-3 times a week.

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS!! Thanks for sharing all the details of this beauty!! SO GLAD you included the CS challenge with the others ... truly inspirational!!!

Patti said...

Oh my! what a treasure. Your work is just remarkable!

Patti

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, I had to come and look! I saw this card in the galleries at SCS and it just took my breath away -- then to read you used the lining from your Mom's wedding dress and an antique typewriter you just bought -- TOO fun!!! Well, I was just cleaning a closet and I have my original manual typewriter from high school, so that probably qualifies as antique -- LOL!!!! Not sure what the linky thing was for, but I did it -- LOL!!! I played the CS challenge!!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This card is such a wonderful combination of elements! My MIL is coming to live with us. She is 83 and was an executive secretary for Westinghouse -maybe she still has her typewriter from back in the day : )

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful - I think it would one of those cards that it's hard to give away! Love the idea of using your vintage typewriter for the sentiment - I'm off to dig mine out. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Joey said...

Hi, your card is absolutely stunning, I love the vintage feel of it. joey.xxx

Deborah March said...

Lovely card Michelle! How wonderful to be able to use pieces of your mother's wedding dress...lucky you!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow Wow Wow!! This is amazing!!

Norine said...

just beautiful love the soft muted colors you use
hugs
Norine

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE, love, love this card!! It's so charming and still very elegant; great card!

Anonymous said...

I loved your card especially since you used a piece of your mother's wedding dress. I used something my grandmother made for my challenge with fabric. Hmmm...wonder where my mom's wedding dress is....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin