Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Glimmers of Gold

Today's color challenge on SCS features some colors I wouldn't have put together myself because of the soft and pale look to the combination. It's absolutely gorgeous, just not what I would "normally" do so it was a bit of a stretch for my creativity



To liven this up and add a little bit of elegance to it I used gold embossing powder. I gotta say that gold is my most frequently used embossing powder... I love the way it glitters and gives everything that little something extra. I colored the insides of the flowers with some of the lightest Copic shades of blue and green in my collection. The blue layer was paper pierced to form a dotted frame.




I cut three 1.5" squares and stamped the flowers off center, colored them and added irridescent ice glitter to the centers. The are all popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment was embossed on vanilla cardstock with distrssed edges.



This set is brand new from Gina K and was illustrated by Asela Hopkins. You really need to read the whole story behind this stamp set... it's a bit of a tear jerker so be prepared!! If you go to Asela's blog she has a post about her friend Daisy.


One more important thing about this stamp set...
When you purchase this set $4.00 of every retail set sold will go to the American Cancer Society until the end of August through a donation of part of the proceeds from both Gina K. Designs and Asela Hopkins. The stamps will be released on July 24.



Thanks for looking and don't forget to follow the links on Asela's blog for projects with these stamps.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Just saw it on SCS and had to stop by. Love this set and why Asela designed it!

Amy said...

Ok, this is really freaking my out Michelle!

First off, let me tell you I love your cards both yesterday and today using Flowers for Daisy! But I nearly died last night when I saw your circle card because it was SOOOOO similar to the one I had just finished making (literally). Now today, I see this new card, and I'm freaked out again because, scarily, it looks like another card I made last weekend with the set! Either it's a case of "great minds think alike" or our brains have become conjoined and we're one in the same persons now;0)!!!!

Seriously, you'll have to check out my blog later this week to see the similarities!

In the meantime, I can't wait to see what other cards we make that look alike:)!

Hugs,
Amy

Stephanie Hargis said...

This card is gorgeous Michelle! I love all of the cards that you made for the preview but this one is just so striking! The gold is fantastic! :D

Renée said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love what the gold brings to these colours.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the saying go, "everything that glitters is gold" and then my favorite if it glitters and it's not gold then it must be a diamond! hahahaha. Anyhow, I love the card and the gold embossing. TFS
Cheryl

retiredheather said...

I have seen many cards using the daisy stamp fr Asela but yours is by far the most beautiful. I love the colors and the layout of your card. Daisies looking elegent is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

estherc said...

Hi Michelle,

your gold embossing looks really pretty! What's the brand of the embossing powder you used? I've been trying to find a nice gold embossing powder. TIA!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin