Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here Comes The Bride!

I had so much fun making this card today! I don't usually use much white, but I was bound and determined to have a white background on this card, and lots of sparkle! I stamped the image from American Art Stamp with Memento Ink on white PTI cardstock. I colored her with copic markers and used a Martha Stewart glue pen to adhere the Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the dress and veil. The main image was matted on PTI Lavender Moon and Plum Pudding (I LOVE this new color). The silky flower is from SU and I attached it to the card with a pearl tipped corsage pin and a PTI satin ribbon bow.


The edges of the main image and cardfront were edged with glitter. I used the thin double sided Scor-Tape from Scor-Pal and applied Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

The second card is designed as a Bridal Shower invitation. It's a pocket card with a blank inside sheet that is meant to be printed with the shower info, there is a little tab with the sentiment to pull the invitation out of the pocket.


The main image was colored with Copic markers and highlighted with Dazzling Diamonds. I was really covered with glitter today when I was done with these cards - I just sparkled in the sun!


Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Tony Hii said...

Michelle, you have a nice blog.

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, I love these American Art Stamp images

Joanne said...

How clever to fold the silk flower like that! Very pretty card...

Felicia said...

Love your blog and visit it often but I hardly comment. These cards are very pretty!

Diane said...

Wow! Fabulous cards! Love the glitter on the 1st card!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the glitter! Thanks for the deets on it too. Queen Mary G

Anonymous said...

Both these cards are fantastic! So glittery! TFS!

Hugs!

Julie Koerber said...

Love the white and the sparkle! You should try it more often! LOL! Just dazzling!!

kathleenh said...

Michelle, these cards are gorgeous! I LOVE how you did the flower with the stick pin on the wedding card!

stampqueen said...

What a cute pair of cards!!! I love all the glitter on the first and the hat pin, I love the dress on the second one - and of course I always love purple!!! These are such cute images!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I always love your cards but these are just amazing. Love the colours you've chosen - so vibrant (even though you've tried to keep it white!!) and all the sparkly glittery bits. Fantastic!! Julie M from Ireland!

Jenna said...

beautiful cards!! I love the shimmer :)

Alma de la Rosa said...

Beatiful. I love how you folded the flower.

Dawny P said...

These are both just sooo pretty Michelle. I really do love your stuff flaxy chick xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin