Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sweet Little Valentines

I ordered this paper pad, matching vintage valentine cards, and carstock stickers (All from Daisy D) through Jacksonbelle's online store several weeks ago and haven't really done much with them yet! I absolutely adore this little vintage valentine cards, they have the cutest images... I've just been kinda stuck on creating something. I made a pocket on the front of this card so the little card can be removed. The bottom panel has some wavy stitching done on my sewing machine. I cut out a heart from the background paper and attached it with a beaded spiral clip.


The second card was made with Basic Grey Two Scoops paper from
Embellish-Online Scrapbooking. I love the dreamy colors in this paper pack! The owl is from Sideshow Stamps and was paper pieced on paper from two scoops. I stamped the branch with the BG Heart Smudge stamp set. I added lots of stickles for sparkle!


I just wanted to follow up on the web address for the Leg Lamp stamp.... you can buy it from www.sideshowstamps.com. They are really nice and have some fun and funky stamps!


Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Pegg S said...

I love them both!! I love how you paper pieced the owl -- he looks so cool and modern!

Phyllis Strickland said...

I love the vintage valentine card, so adorable with all those special touches.

You should send an image of the owl card to Sideshow Stamps! I was so intrigued by the leg lamp card, because so many of my friends what that movie every Christmas (some more than one time, too). I had to have that stamp, so I found the website. Their shipping costs are low, their service is fantastic and communication is great. My stamps are in the mail already!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Love pink owls! And adore placing my owls and birdies on swirls too! Have those stamps, but haven’t played with them yet…hoping this weekend. Great job!! Did you see my pink owl here?
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/781963

Janine said...

Both cards are great. I love the Valentine's one. I am not a big vintage person but this is quite pretty.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin