Monday, December 10, 2007

Paper Chains



While we were looking at Christmas decorations at Target, my daughters saw these really cool paper chain garlands for the Christmas Tree. They were $9.00 a box - I'm not sure how long the chains were but they couldn't have been too long! Well I told them that we'd stop at Joann's and buy some paper and make out own. We were going to decorate a 5" tall artificial tree that's gonna be in our kitchen, so the girls picked out lime green and turquoise. Luckily Joann had designer paper on sale for 5/$1.00 - so we picked out $4.00 worth of paper and brought it home to cut into 6x1 strips, then glued them together into chains. They look so pretty on the tree... and we only used 1/2 of the paper we bought! We're gonna work on ornaments with the remaining paper and I want to find a big star to decorate for the top. It'll be a total papercrafting tree.! Maybe I'll have to move it to my studio......





Here is a sketch challenge that was drawn up by my friend and fellow Embellish-It design team member Tracy Hargrove. Take a peek at the Embellish-It scrapbook store, or view the forums for the weekly challenge. I'll be working on my card later tonight and will post it tomorrow.



Don't forget about leaving a comment on yesterday's post.... I have ONE MORE Christmas card to send out!!

4 comments:

Dee said...

That paper chain is too cute! Great idea,

Sarah Moore said...

gotta love the paper chain! An oldie but a goodie... We used to make them out of construction paper in school... it only makes sense that we would graduate them to designer papers! I think I will make one tonight! :)

Tricia said...

I'll bet your tree is gorgeous!! Very, very fun!!

Chris (cdjkssss on SCS) said...

Great idea for the paper chain! The colors are wonderful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin