Monday, June 11, 2007

Using up scraps




I spent some time this morning using up scraps of designer paper from my overflowing basket on the floor next to my worktable. This stamp set is PERFECT for this.... and the cards are so quick and easy because the petals are such a simple shape and easy to cut out then assemble.

-

Card #1 was made with leftover paper from the Petals & Paisley bundle and paper from K&Company Hopscotch pad. I simply stamped the petal in black ink, then assembled by glueing the petals on a punched circle as a base. The center was decorated with a silver brad and popped up on a glue dot. The bottom decoration was also made with scraps and just layered and trimmed with scissors and pinking shears.

-

Card #2 was made by stamping the solid image with black in on designer paper - I think I used mostly Basic Grey papers for this on. I love the way it looks like that funky paper that you scratch the black coating away and it reveals colors underneath... remember that stuff? The black background was stamped with white craft ink and highlighted with white opaque pen. The base layer is soft sky from the new In Color collection.

-

Don't forget to take a peek at the Basic Grey INFUSE pre-order available on my website at http://store.clothingcorner.com. The order is placed and will ship next week. Unfortunately it takes about a week for it to get here, and will probably arrive while I'm on vacation (9 days in the Caribbean.... can't wait) - so all orders will be shipped when I get home on July 3! If you left a comment that you wanted to purchase some of the Infuse paper, you'll still need to place the order on my website. It makes it sooooo much easier for me to keep track of!

-

Thanks for looking and let me know your opinion on todays cards.

10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great use of scraps, the cards are wonderful

Ticia said...

Great way to use up those scraps! Your cards are great!

Jo said...

Love card #1, it's the first card I've seen that makes me go 'Wow, I need that set' Glad to hear it's easy to cut out too!

Genevieve said...

Fresh and happy cards, if ever I feel down and need a lift, I just pop on to your blog and I feel better.

Cheers!

Heather P. said...

I love the papers you used with the Pick a Petal! Your cards are always amazing... You have great style!

Anonymous said...

Now this is the perfect way to use up scraps! Love these cards!

Pat said...

Love how you've used your scraps. Great blog!

Nicole said...

LOVE THEM!
what a great use for scraps! especially since I'm currently drowning in scraps ;)
TFS!
Nicole
http://stampinlibrarygirl.blogspot.com/

Pam said...

I love the Halloween Card with the purple stripe paper. The design is so cute and I love the curled up boots. Adorable!!

My Little Hobby said...

These are so fun, and look so fantastic with the images being stamped onto patterned papers. So cute.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin