Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Painted Pearls Sell-a-bration

I just cut into one of the Stampin' Up Sell-a-bration sets for this card. I was thinking about framing it and giving it to my MIL for Xmas, but I may just turn it into a 5x7 card for someone special instead.

I love the dramatic background - I embossed the flowers with gold EP on black cardstock, then painted the petals with Pearl Ex and Future Floor wax in an aquapainter pen. This has to be my all time favorite technique!! I've had the Pearl Ex sitting in my crafting arsenal for ages... probably 3 years anyways! When my friend Arin (http://arinstamps.blogspot.com/) had me over for a little stampin' and introduced me to the Painted Pearl technique I was hooked {{{Thanks Arin}}}. You can also find a tutorial on this technique on Splitcoaststampers.

I added some vintage gold lace, chocolate grosgrain and stitched cranberry ribbon to finish off on edge. Then added the Marvy giga scallop circle punch with a stamped sentiment to complete the card.

1 comment:

Joan said...

beautiful job. love your blog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin