Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mackenzie Childs was my inspiration


I'm always in awe when I look through the Mackenzie Childs catalog! Their designs are aways so whimsical, and I love their use of black and white. For this card I used their black and white ottoman in the photo behind the card.


To create the background I sliced very vanilla paper into 1/4 inch strips and adhered them to black paper. The center image used a variety of stamps - "Retro Flowers" from CTMH and the leaves from "Mixed Bouquet" from Stampin' Up. I stamped with Versamark and embossed with ivory EP. The big blossom is from "Retro Flowers" and was stamped and embossed with SU Gold Glory on black paper, then cut out and adhered on dimensionals.


The ribbon is from Michael's and is a golden organdy. I embossed the chipboard with gold - the board is from Basic Grey - a really cool self adhesive collection!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin