Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Teen Dream.... Birthday Giftcard Holder!

Both of my teenage girls love getting giftcards for special occasions. Sure presents are nice too, but there is something about going and shopping by themselves with their own "money" that really appeals to them. With this in mind I used the new Pinecone Press ATC/Giftcard holder kit to create this holder for my daughter's birthday.

I assembled the pockets according to the instructions and covered them with paper from October Afternoon called "Chilly mornings" (we may be sold out of this!! I'll have to double check with Laura). I also went heavy on the Ranger distress ink to color the white paper edges. The matching box to was a pattern I put together just for this project. I haven't written the template for it yet, but will have it available shortly.

The box was made with PTI Chocolate paper and decorated with scraps left over from the giftcard holder.

The front of the holder was stamped with Imaginisce "Happy Birthday" from our birthday stamp collection. With this collection you receive 6 clear stamps for $5.10 (on sale until they run out). I added some turquoise rhinestones from Kaisercraft and hodgepodge hardware to used to tie the front flap closed.

I used all 8 of the pockets for the inside of the holder. After doing this I thought it would get pretty expensive filling it for my daughter, so in the future I think I'll use less pockets and cut additional outside flaps so I'll be able to make several smaller card holders.

Let me know what you think of this giftcard holder. I had alot of fun putting it together last night. It was a pretty quick project with directions that were easy to follow. If you order the ATC holder from Paper Addiction I will email you a template for the matching box as soon as it is complete. The box will only be available with the ATC holders. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

pescbrico said...

This is sooooooo lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia said...

WOW!!! Fantastic!! Love the paper and the colours you used and ..well.. just everything! :o)
It's not only a "teen dream" to get this amazing giftcard holder, but would be a "Sylvia Dream", too ;-)
Love & Smiles from Germany
Sylvia

Regan said...

this is a beautiful project!

Tiffany said...

How clever! Beautiful gift and I love the papers you used.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin