Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Giftcard Wallet

Created for today's sketch challenge on SCS. I had this card design in my head all day... as I was at work and then trying to shop for last minute Christmas gifts. I wanted to make a card with pockets on the inside to hold at least 2 gift cards. The front is decorated with stamps I found at Joann's in th $1.00 bin. I thought the December 25th stamps was cute... I don't have any like that in my stash yet... and well... the price was right!! The paper I used was from DCWV in red and lime green - both are textured with a white core, so all the edges are sanded with a sanding block to distress and show a little white. I printed the background paper from digital paper packs I downloaded from My Favorite Things.

The inside of the card has two pockets that measure 4" x 2". I first sewed the top one along only the bottom edge, then lined up the bottom pocket and also sewed it along the bottom edge. Once they were both in place I sewed the side seams. I added a little more designer paper, a strip of distressed red, and the Merry Christmas sentiment and it was done. The back of the card has a layer of distressed red to match the front and cover up the stitching, I like the finished look that gives it.


Don't forget about my blog candy giveaway on my previous post. Just leave a comment and you'll be entered to win a stamp set from Green Grass stamps. Thanks for reading!!

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Excellent idea and inspiration for me to use my new sewing machine! Thanks for sharing that.

Pegg S said...

Oh I love this. You always take a sketch and really make it so creative and amazing!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is great, love how you used the $ stamps.

DeniseLynn said...

Oh cute card and I love the idea of 2 pockets. thanks for sharing this great idea.

Laura said...

Fabulous! Love your colours and design...especially love the gift card...great idea to have it peaking out from a pocket on the front! Love your stuff!

Regina Davis said...

I love what you did with this sketch. It's wonderful!

Kelly's Artistic Journaling said...

These cards are lovely. So...you printed the background paper from a download??? Does it look as nice as scrap paper on a card? I know the picture is beautiful I was just wondering about the quality of the print, and how much ink you would use?

Debbie Olson said...

Love your gift card holder, and the layering and embellishment on the front is gorgeous as always!

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

LOVE the 2 pocket gift holder!!! Fabulous idea!

dd2njoy said...

Great card holder card!! Love all the colors and the sketch is awesome,TFS!

Diane Noble said...

Absolutely beautiful. It's been a while since I stopped by and everything you've added is tremendous. Love it all and these are adorable.

Starqueen said...

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for sharing. I need some giftcard packaging ideas. This is just perfect for me!

hamblinj said...

I've only just found you! Wow, will be adding you to my faves! Looks like heaps of fun projects!

TFS

Janet

Velta said...

This is truly a great idea...I found your site by accident going through Splitcoast and I am so glad I did...I will be subscribing because I love all that you have done here. Happy New Year!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin